Am I covered to drive abroad?

Driving abroad

When driving a car abroad, our policies are able to cover you under the Medical Emergency, Personal Accident and Personal Possessions* sections.

You are not covered under the Personal Liability section when you are in charge of a motorised or mechanical vehicle**. This means, if you accidentally injure someone or damage somebodies property as a result of being in charge or control of a vehicle, you will not be covered to claim with our policies. This is an industry-standard clause for travel insurance, and so you will need to ensure that the owner of the vehicle or your hire company provides you with adequate liability cover.

Please also be aware that, under the personal possessions sections of cover, your money and valuable items (jewellery, watches, furs, photographic, audio, video, camcorder or computer equipment etc.) will not be covered if left unattended in a motor vehicle.

*Providing the policy purchased has this coverage option and includes this cover section.
**Motorised or mechanical vehicles can include, but is not limited to: cars, campervans, vans, minibuses, motorcycles, scooters, jet-skis, boats, snowmobiles, aircraft, etc.

If you aren't sure you can always contact us.

Ready for your online quote?

Tired of looking around for medical travel insurance? Why not use our quick and simple quote engine?

Get a quote

In need of assistance?

Our medical travel insurance team are ready to provide you with assistance regarding your quote. If you would prefer to talk to an advisor to recieve a quote or have a query please contact our UK based customer service team. Find out details on our contact us page.

Sand and clear blue water